Name of Church St. Anne Church
Address 440 East Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ 85234-5989
Phone number (480) 507-4400
Listen to Father Fita’s apology for withholding the sacraments (starts after the 2 minute mark)
Mass Schedule Saturday vigil at 4:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m. (except during July and August) Sundays, 7 a.m., 9 a.m., 11 a.m. (High Mass), 1 p.m. (Spanish), 3 p.m. (Latin Tridentine Low Mass) and 5:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 a.m. & noon. Tuesdays, noon & 6:15 p.m. (Spanish). Wednesdays, 7 a.m. (Latin Tridentine) & noon. Thursdays, noon & 6:15 p.m. Fridays, 7 a.m. (Latin Tridentine) & noon. Saturdays, 7 a.m. Visit the parish YouTube page to watch Masses livestreamed.
Confessions Mondays and Fridays, 4 – 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays, 9:45 – 11:45 a.m.
Names of priests Fr. Sergio Fita, pastor. Fr. Joal Bernales and Timothy Dogo, parochial vicars. Fr. Dennis Riccitelli, visiting priest. Fr. Fita is from Spain, and was ordained a priest in 2004 and is a member of the Secular Institute of Servi Trinitatis. St. Anne’s is the first parish in the U.S. to welcome priests from Servi Trinitatis. Fr. Fita has been pastor since 2012. He is devout, orthodox and committed to his community. (He celebrates the Latin Tridentine Mass.) Fr. Bernales is originally from the Philippines, and Fr. Dogo is from Africa, and came to the parish in July 2021. Visit the parish YouTube channel and watch the Masses to hear them preach.
Special activities and groups Respect for Life, Prison and Jail Ministry, Seniors Group, Young Family Ministry, Friends of the Needy, Youth and Young Adult Ministries, 24/7 Perpetual Adoration, Catholics in Action, Knights of Columbus, Sons of St. Joseph, Third Order Lay Carmelites.
Music Weekends, they have choirs, a chamber orchestra, contemporary ensemble, cantors, piano and organ.
Fellow parishioners St. Anne’s is a large parish, with both Anglo and Hispanic communities.
Parking The parish has a large parking lot with ample parking.
Additional observations St. Anne is a parish of the Diocese of Phoenix, under the leadership of Bishop Thomas Olmsted. The parish was first established as a mission in an adobe church in 1936, and became a parish in 1943. The parish’s perpetual adoration program was started in 1993 by pastor Fr. Douglas Lorig, a former Episcopalian priest who converted to Catholicism and was ordained Catholic priest in 1984. He died in 2019. It was Fr. Lorig who spearheaded the building of the current church in 1998, including its colorful rotating icons behind the altar. The parish grew to 4,500 families, making it one of the largest parishes in the country. In 2002, the parish welcomed the Carmelite Missionaries of St. Therese of the Child Jesus. Listen to Fr. Fita’s introduction of the parish below: