A full and substantive agenda awaits the US bishops at their November 14-17 meeting in Baltimore.
A partial list of agenda items includes
- an address by the Papal Nuncio to the United States, Archbishop Christophe Pierre; last year, the Pope extended his term beyond the customary five years and the customary retirement age
- the final address by Archbishop José Gomez of Los Angeles as USCCB president
- the election of a new president, vice president, and chairmen of six committees
- discussion of the Synod on Synodality, the ongoing war in Ukraine, and the bishops’ Eucharistic revival initiative
- in light of the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision, a discussion of supporting women and families
- discussion of the new catechumenate model of marriage preparation and World Youth Day 2023
- a “review and approval of five translations for liturgical rituals”
- a discussion of Journeying Together, the bishops’ young adult initiative
- a discussion of potential revisions to Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship for the 2024 national election
The above comes from a Nov. 3 posting on CatholicCulture.org.