Dear Pro-life friends,

Because certain people are trying to block the efforts of sidewalk counselors to save mothers and babies from the horrors of abortion, we are keeping the dates, times, and locations of where we are counseling confidential. The notes below may come from one or more locations during the week. Some specifics have been omitted to protect the identity of people we counsel.

A baby saved in the first week of June, 2018

The sidewalk counselor was busy handing out flyers early in the morning in front of the abortion center when a couple coming up from behind caught the corner of the counselor’s eye. Before they could slide by, the counselor approached the young girl who stopped to listen. The boyfriend was initially silent, and also listening to what the counselor had to say.

Over the next 10 minutes, the counselor was having an impact on the girl, who acknowledged her Christian beliefs, and was becoming convinced to leave and go to a nearby pregnancy resource center. It was then that the boyfriend started arguing that while he believed in God, the Bible and Jesus wasn’t true, and that his girlfriend need not worry, because her baby would be re-incarnated, and that she would not feel guilty about having an abortion.

The counselor tried to set her straight, but it was turning into a spiritual battle as the boyfriend was pushing hard with the idea that she should feel comfortable with going through with the abortion. Around this point the girl started crying. The boyfriend put his arm around her and started to coax her into going inside. Despite the counselor’s efforts to get her to leave, she walked up to the abortion center with her boyfriend by her side.

The counselor called some friends and they all began praying. About 45 minutes later, the boyfriend came out toward the counselor, who was expecting some harsh response after their earlier encounter. The counselor asked the boyfriend what she had decided to do, and he responded that she couldn’t go through with the abortion. The girl came out a few minutes later, and told the counselor they did an ultrasound, and that she was able to get a copy of the picture.

They then took up the counselor’s offer to drive them to a nearby pregnancy resource center, where they spent the next 3 hours hearing about lots of options. The girl was scheduled to return with her mom in the following week. The battle isn’t over yet, so please pray for this couple that they will continue to choose life for their unborn baby.

– the sidewalk counselors of Helpers of God’s Precious Infants San Diego