With Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations surging, yesterday L.A. County announced additional safety modifications that will become effective on Monday, November 30, 2020 and remain in effect for three weeks through December 20, 2020.
The new temporary order aims to reduce the risk of transmission several ways, including by:
- Asking individuals to remain in their homes and with their immediate households as much as possible;
- Reducing mingling with others not in your household;
- Requiring everyone to wear a face covering whenever they are engaging in activities outside their homes where they are, or
- can be, in contact with others not in their households;
- Reducing capacity at sites where non-household members mingle to avoid crowding.Right now, the most important action we can all take to stop the surge is to stay home as much as possible. All public and private gatherings and events with individuals not from the same household are prohibited, except for faith-based services and protests. Residents are still permitted to travel to and from essential businesses, work or provide services to a healthcare operation or essential business; residents may also engage in essential activities, or participate in permitted individual or household outdoor and indoor activities while practicing required distancing, infection control and masking….
The above comes from a Nov. 28 posting by the Los Angeles County Public Health Department.