The following was posted on the Los Angeles archdiocese website last week.
Archbishop José H. Gomez has designated ten parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles as pilgrimage sites during the Year of Faith. Pilgrims visiting these sites this year may receive a “plenary indulgence for the temporal punishment of sin” for themselves and for deceased loved ones.
According to guidelines issued by the Vatican, to obtain the indulgences, pilgrims must be truly sorry for their sins, go to Confession and receive the Eucharist, and pray for the Pope’s intentions.
Archbishop Gomez has designated the following as Year of Faith pilgrimage churches for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles:
- Our Lady of the Angels Pastoral Region
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles
- St. Augustine Catholic Church, Culver City
- San Fernando Pastoral Region
- Holy Family Church, Glendale
- Blessed Junipero Serra Parish, Lancaster
- San Gabriel Pastoral Region
- San Gabriel Mission, San Gabriel
- St. Joseph Catholic Church, Pomona
- San Pedro Pastoral Region
- Mary Star of the Sea, San Pedro
- St. Dominic Savio, Bellflower
- Holy Cross Catholic Church, Moorpark
- Our Lady of Sorrows, Santa Barbara