The following comes from a Mar. 5 story on LifeNews.com by Cheryl Sullenger.
After little sleep and a heavy patient load, LeRoy Carhart sent another abortion patient to the hospital yesterday (March 4, 2014) for treatment of apparently life-threatening complications.
An ambulance arrived at about 4:00 p.m. in response for a call for emergency assistance. It transported a female patient to a local hospital. Carhart was not seen with his patient during the incident.
Due to a snowstorm, Carhart was unable to see women scheduled for multi-day late-term abortions as usual on Sunday. Carhart was seen by witnesses at the Germantown Reproductive Health Services (PA) abortion clinic between 5:00 and 11:00 p.m. on Monday then was back at the clinic 9:45 a.m. Tuesday morning where at least 16 abortion patients were seen.
“It appears that Carhart was once again conducting surgeries on women in a fatigued state, as he is known to do. He brags of never taking a day off. At the age of 72, we believe he is endangering women with his irresponsible behavior, and this latest medical emergency in Germantown is more evidence of that,” said Troy Newman, president of Operation Rescue.
As far back as 1993, Carhart was ordered by the Nebraska Attorney General to stop “interrupting or delaying a surgical procedure including abortion due to or as a result of his exhaustion or fatigue.”
Medical emergencies at Carhart’s abortion facilities in Maryland and in Bellevue, Nebraska, have become more frequent in recent months, leading to concerns that he is unfit to continue practicing medicine.
Dates of other incidents involving Carhart documented by Operation Rescue include:
• November 30, 2013, Bellevue, NE: Patient suffered 2nd trimester abortion complications.
• November 26, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient required emergency surgery. (Video with 911 recording)
• July 9, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient hemorrhaged. (Video with 911 recording)
• February 7, 2013, Germantown, MD: Patient Jennifer Morbelli died of 3rd trimester abortion complications. (Autopsy Report)
• March 31, 2012, Bellevue, NE: Patient heard moaning and screaming during 911 call….
To read the entire story, click here.