The following comes from a November 30 CNS News article by Michael W. Chapman:
The latest abortion surveillance report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which was published Friday but covers the year 2012, says that in the 26 states that reported abortions by the race and ethnicity of the women having the abortions, 55.4 percent were performed on black or Hispanic mothers.
For whites, there were 152,673 abortions, or 37.6% of the total. In another category labeled “other” there were 28,283 abortions, or 7% of the total. The “other” category includes Asians and Native Americans, as well as ethnicity reported as “unknown.”
The Census Bureau says that blacks make up 13.2% of the U.S. population and Hispanics comprise 17.4% of the population. Combined, blacks and Hispanics make up 30.6% of the population, yet 55.4% of the abortion reported by race were of black and Hispanic babies.
[California did not report its abortion numbers]