PARISH DATA COORDINATOR
Send applications or inquiries to: [email protected]
Position Description: Responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of a confidential and time-sensitive nature in the parish database program. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Supervisor: Office Manager Type: Non-exempt
The position is classified as part-time, 29 hours per week. The regular work week schedule for the position is Monday through Friday, and weekend and non-office hours as assigned.
Data Entry Responsibilities:
• Weekly donations:
- prepare all donations by verifying accuracy and sorting data for entry.
- and enter all donations into parish database.
- create reports for accounting purposes.
• Posts all other parish donations.
• Export/import online giving donations.
• Reconciles all donations on a monthly basis:
- Review data for deficiencies or errors and check output.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
• Prepare data entry documents and reports for storage.
• Maintain parish database:
- entering new and updated parishioner profiles.
- oversite of parishioners or other sub-groups.
- identify duplicates and inconsistencies.
• Oversee the entering of pledges and compose pledge updates, for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation.
• Assist parishioners with individual records, pledges, and online giving accounts which may include researching donations.
• Ensure Online Giving programs are updated to include envelope numbers.
• Create parishioner end-of-year statements.
• Create lists for parish mailings which include Stewardship programs, parish newsletters, and Bishop's Ministry Appeal campaign.
• Manage the parish envelope process.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven data entry work experience as a Data Entry Operator or Office Clerk, or similar experience.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of fundamental database concepts.
• Attention to detail with the ability to organize and analyze data with accuracy.
• Problem solving skills.
• Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and stay focused on assigned tasks.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and data programs.
• Excellent English and mathematical skills.
• Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills; and can represent the parish favorably in all interactions with parishioners.
• Active member of the Roman Catholic parish faith community or possesses the knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church.
Physical demands of this job include being regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. This position spends a significant amount of time working on a computer. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. The work environment includes some minor to moderately high exposure to noise due to proximity to office waiting area and office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Resumes are being accepted and can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Church of the Presentation, Parish Data Coordinator Search Committee, 6715 Leesburg Place, Stockton, CA 95207
About the Employer
Church of the Presentation's mission is to be a welcoming Catholic faith family responding to the varied spiritual needs of our diverse community. Our parish has a vision. We hope to create a welcoming environment for fellowship and to offer services for our parishioners throughout their life span.