Online Latin Teacher
For our K-12 online program, we are hiring the following:
• Fourth and Fifth Grade Latin Teacher
• Middle School Latin Teacher
Send applications or inquiries to: [email protected]
An online instructor must be a self-starter, and willing to lead an online course using Kolbe Academy curriculum. Kolbe will provide the course plan, books, software and training needed to be successful in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR TEACHERS GRADE 6-12
• Conduct live classes as scheduled.
• Check email and Schoology messages on a daily basis, Monday-Friday not including holidays or breaks.
• Enter into Schoology all assignments with due dates specified as directed by KOLBE or its representative.
• Give a minimum of one assignment to be graded per week.
• Give a participation grade for each live class.
• Return graded assignments within a reasonable time frame.
• Hold office hours as follows:
• During the normal class time of semester and mid-semester exam weeks.
• Prior to any non-semester or mid-semester exams.
• By request of a student.
• Complete training in all technology, Kolbe philosophy and policy, and online teaching pedagogy prior to August 18th.
• Attend faculty in-service meetings as directed.
• Attend all department meetings as scheduled.
• Classroom teaching experience and/or tutoring homeschool students
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
• Master's degree in field or teacher certification (any state). Preferred
• Previous experience teaching in an online environment. Preferred
• Pass Kolbe Academy technology and online learning certification course.
• Dedicated work space appropriate for conducting live online classes in a professional manner.
• Experience teaching the specific subject in the classroom and/or online
• Passion for technology and familiarity with online learning
• Ability to create engaging synchronous lessons
• Engaging personality
• Organized and Professional
• Catholic and Virtuous
• BONUS: Understanding of Classical/Ignatian Methodology
APPLY at www.kolbe.org/careers
About the Employer
Kolbe Academy is a full-service private Catholic home schooling organization that provides the opportunity for parents to give their children a rigorous, classically based curriculum. Faithful to the magisterium of the Catholic Church, and influenced by Ignatian methodology, Kolbe's goal is to give parents the flexibility they need to educate their children according to the principle of subsidiarity.