Send applications or inquiries to: [email protected]
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Receptionist welcomes all who come into or telephone the parish office and provides administrative and related office services. Attend to visitors and address routine inquiries over the phone and in person. Provide information regarding parish events to the public, parishioners, and business partners. Executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
SUPERVISOR: Office Manager CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours a week. Medical/dental, vacation, sick, and retirement package provided.
• Keep reception area safe and clean by complying with procedures, and regulations.
• Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
• Greet persons entering office in a welcoming manner and direct persons to correct destination. Notify church personnel of visitor arrival.
• Answer multi-line telephone, screen, and direct calls to appropriate destination. Manage office phone message recordings for parish general and holiday schedules.
• Provide basic and accurate information to parishioners, visitors, and vendors, redirecting as needed.
• Process all cash and credit card transactions collected at the front desk, following all accounting procedures.
• Maintain Mass Intention book, prepare Mass cards and related tasks.
• Prepare and provide information on Mass Intentions for parish bulletin and ensure weekly Mass Intentions are posted in designated areas.
• Assist Minister of Liturgy in collecting information for the scheduling of funerals. Complete Funeral Intake Form for distribute to clergy and staff.
• Maintain office equipment (e.g., copiers, postage meter and fax machine), refill postage, order replacement ink/toner and schedule technicians for service.
• Provide general administrative and clerical support to clergy and ministers. Assist clergy in the scheduling of appointments, as needed.
• Perform other clerical receptionist duties including filing, copying, and faxing. Prepare correspondence and documents, as directed.
• Receive mail, prepare outgoing mail, and accept and distribute deliveries.
• Coordinate conference room bookings and distribute keys for meeting room usage. Provide coverage for Facility Director in the preparation of keys for distribution.
• Assist in administrative tasks related to baptism registration and baptism preparation classes.
• Prepare permission letters for baptism and sacrament sponsorship for Pastor's signature, including research and preparation of copies of sacramental information.
• Take inventory of stock and order office supplies for general administration functions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
• Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform satisfactorily each essential duty. The requirements below represent required knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
• Demonstrated experience in a Customer Service position.
• Active member of the Roman Catholic parish faith community or possesses the knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, with attention to detail.
• Ability to discern when information is confidential and be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Multi-tasking, organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to perform outlined tasks with minimum supervision.
• Professional appearance, courteous customer service attitude, and knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, verbal, or schedule form.
• Ability to adapt to changes in routine and schedule.
• Ability to be resourceful, flexible, collaborative, and proactive when issues arise.
• Proficient computer skills with the knowledge and ability to use computers and related technology. Proficient in relevant software applications including Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) or willingness to learn new software programs as needed.
• Ability to accept direction and support the process for the focus, control or planning of an activity.
• Flexibility of schedule to meet the needs of the parish.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), with the fluency to speak, read and write in Spanish, required.
Physical demands of this job include being regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. This position spends a significant amount of time working on a computer. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. The work environment includes some minor to moderately high exposure to noise due to proximity to office waiting area and office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.