Middle School Science Teacher
St Bede the Venerable School
La Canada, CA
Send applications or inquiries to: [email protected]
St Bede the Venerable School in La Canada-Flintridge is seeking a vibrant, experienced full-time Science teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. St. Bede the Venerable School has a modern, dedicated science lab classroom with equipment and supplies to support a solid science program.
Information/Application Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to [email protected]
• Implement and teach daily lesson plans based on Next Generation
Science Standards in 6th, 7th and 8th grade.
• Prepare, with a growth mindset, daily lesson plans with
measurable objectives, procedures, and assessment.
• Design a classroom conducive to the needs of various learning
• Deliver high quality, engaging instruction in the form of hands on
learning activities, project-based learning, demonstrations and
• Integrate technology throughout the curriculum.
• Organize 8th grade science fair. Guide and support students
through the process of developing and conducting a science fair
project. Encourage students to enter their projects in the Los
Angeles County Science Fair.
• Create a joyful, supportive and engaging classroom environment
in which students can learn and interact positively with one
another through student-centered instruction, collaboration and
• Provide science support to K-5 teachers and/or support Physical
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students,
colleagues, and parents.
• Contribute to the life of the School and Parish outside the
• Participate in faculty and departmental meetings and perform
various faculty supervisory duties or additional duties as needed.
The qualified candidate will support the integration of the Gospel values of Christ, and the teachings of the Catholic Church within the entire school experience. In addition, this teacher shall participate in a collaborative faculty culture and be comfortable integrating technology into the structure of classroom instruction. Flexibility and creativity in structuring classroom experiences for each student and solid classroom management practices are necessary. Candidates must be reliable and open to establishing an active partnership with parents and other faculty to maintain the family atmosphere of our school. Openness to faith, a positive attitude, and commitment to helping our school grow is critical.
The qualified candidate should possess the following:
• Bachelor's Degree.
• CA Single Subject Science Credential preferred or CA Multiple
Subjects Teaching Credential.
• Classroom experience.
• Comfort and familiarity with the integration of technology into the
• Familiarity with and open mindedness regarding the practice of
the Catholic Faith is a plus.
About the Employer
The school environment focuses on a Christ-centered atmosphere and the importance of living a Christ-centered life. "Lord, teach me to act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with my God." Micah 6:8