ST. GEORGE SCHOOL
St. George School is the third oldest school in our diocese and has been in continuous operation since 1920. We extend a warm
welcome to the visitors of our school and our website. Our school’s strength lays in our partnership with our students, their parents and
our St. George Parish community. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange were the first teachers and administrators of our school. The
Sisters of St. Joseph charism is: “We Live and Work to Bring People into Union with God and with One Another, through Spiritual and
Corporal Works of Mercy”. That is still true today. The Sister's charism can be found in both our Community Service projects and in our
school motto: "Catholic Students Today ~ Catholic Leaders Tomorrow".
Understand and ensure compliance with Diocese of San Bernardino financial policies and procedures and governmental regulations
and tax laws. Responsible for the maintenance of a complete set of records covering all financial transactions of the school.
Prepare monthly/ annual financial reports for school review with the Principal. Submit reports to the Office of Catholic Schools.
Balances financial books and records and maintaining the general ledger.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Process and record payments to vendors
2. Record deposits and coordinate with the tuition management program for tuition receipt.
3. Monthly bank reconciliations and Positive Pay processing.
4. Prepare monthly financial reports, reported to the Principal and OCS
5. Oversee the school’s SCRIP program, Petty Cash Fund, Lunch and Snack program.
6. Review monthly, quarterly annual reports for 1099 reporting, sales tax, and gaming reporting (raffle winnings) to ensure
compliance with the Diocese of San Bernardino policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
7. Work with the Diocese in preparation for internal and external audits.
8. Annually report to Parish Assistance, OCS, and Prin