EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time SUPERVISED BY: Coordinator of
Evangelization & Family Faith Formation
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work. Individuals are to be treated courteously and professionally with the utmost regard to confidentiality.
The Administrative Assistant is a non-exempt Archdiocesan employee who models a Catholic lifestyle and provides to the parish community by means of their gifts, talents, skills, and charisms; administrative support to the Coordinator of Evangelization and Family Formation and the Coordinators of Confirmation and Youth Ministry. The employee maintains and ensures compliance of all Safe Environment policies and procedures. The employee requires knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. The employee also requires knowledge of and proficiency with social media and online meeting sources, like Zoom.
The position of administrative assistant:
• Provides administrative and general office services primarily for the Coordinators of Evangelization and Family Formation, Confirmation and Youth Ministry.
• Assists in the primary services of family formation and Youth Ministry programs by taking responsibility for individual projects as assigned by the coordinators.
• Maintains awareness and knowledge of family formation, Confirmation, Youth Ministry, Adult Formation and general parish activities and effectively communicates the information to staff, volunteers, participants, and parents (events, meetings, programs, projects, retreats, schedules, etc.).
• Provides administrative services for the Volunteer Personnel Information Network and VIRTUS programs.
Ministry of Service of the Administrative Assistant:
The person in this position performs a “ministry of service” in respect to the vision of the parish by:
• Servicing staff and parishioners in a frien