Youth & Young Adult Minister
Sacred Heart Parish, Rancho Cucamonga
Part-Time 25 hours per week
The Diocese of San Bernardino is a vibrant and diverse community of Roman Catholic Believers committed to bringing the Good News of Jesus
Christ to all we encounter. We are guided by the core values of hospitality, collaboration, faith sharing and reconciliation. Through the impact of the
Gospel, we seek to fill lives with hope.
Founded in 1953, Sacred Heart is called to serve men, women and children of every race, language and nation through the celebration of the
sacraments, instruction and evangelization.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for developing and coordinating for the parish’s efforts in ministry with young people from middle school through young adults.
This includes Edge, Life Teen, and Young Adults sessions: weekly gatherings, monthly activities and special events.
• Coordinates a culturally-competent, diversity-friendly youth and young adult ministries in the parish.
• Develops close communication with and mutual support from families of youth and collaborates with other community-wide, civic youth
• Fosters involvement of youth and young adults in the life of the parish, including serving on parish committees and parish activities.
• The Youth/Young Adult Minister is a member of the parish staff who reports directly to the and Confirmation Coordinator.
• Attend regular staff meetings and participate in staff planning, communicate to staff about youth and young adult ministry.
• Recruit and train Youth and Young Adult ministry volunteer leaders which will assist with planning, implementing a holistic ministry.
• Coordinate outreach to all young people in our parish and beyond the parish setting (local schools, etc.)
• Serve as a liaison with the Diocesan ministry of Office with Young Catholics and their programs, services, and resources.