Office of Catechetical Ministry, Pastoral Center
The Diocese of San Bernardino is a vibrant and diverse community of Roman Catholic Believers committed to bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to all we encounter. We are guided by the core values of hospitality, collaboration, faith sharing and reconciliation. Through the impact of the Gospel, we seek to fill lives with hope.
We, the Office of Catechetical Ministry, lead and journey with people into discipleship with Jesus Christ, by encountering Him through the Sacraments and the teachings of the Catholic Church, impacting our communities with Faith, Hope and Charity.
.RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Provides direction, ongoing consultation and follow up to Pastors, Pastoral Coordinators, DCMs/CCMs, Master Catechists, Coordinators of Infant Baptism, Confirmation, RCIA, and Marriage in the ministry of Evangelization and Catechesis;
• Plans, coordinates, and implements monthly DCMs/CCMs meetings in collaboration with the office director, other Vicariate Coordinators and Advisory Board members;
• Throughout the year, plans, coordinates and implements meetings with RCIA, Infant Baptism, Confirmation coordinators and other committees;
• Visits new Pastors, Pastoral Coordinators and DCMs/CCMs to introduce him/herself and the services the OCM office provides;
• Ensures the implementation of the 800 Series of the Diocesan Policy regarding Catechesis;
• Promotes diversity and multicultural sensitivity. Ensures inclusive services;
• Recruits, trains/mentors and evaluates OCM instructors according to the area they teach;
• Supervises and coordinates instructors for formation and specialization courses; making sure their methodologies and course content are appropriate for each audience;
• Schedules and secures locations for OCM Specializations to be held;
• Coordinates and oversees committees and task forces for the revision of the specialization courses;