Coordinator of Liturgical Ministries & Music
Sacred Heart Parish, Rancho Cucamonga
Part-Time 30 hours per week
The Diocese of San Bernardino is a vibrant and diverse community of Roman Catholic Believers committed to bringing the Good News of Jesus
Christ to all we encounter. We are guided by the core values of hospitality, collaboration, faith sharing and reconciliation. Through the impact of the
Gospel, we seek to fill lives with hope.
Founded in 1953, Sacred Heart is called to serve men, women and children of every race, language and nation through the celebration of the
sacraments, instruction and evangelization.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Collaborate and communicate regularly with Pastor, Clergy, and the Diocesan Office of Worship to ensure that the liturgical
norms and laws of the Church are adhered to
• Supervises liturgical staff and all Mass Choir Directors to maintain One Music Ministry within the One Family at Sacred
Heart and special liturgies and services.
• Support and supervise the directors of the various liturgical ministries by collaborating with them regarding schedules,
special liturgies and various liturgical needs, trainings which includes the publicizing of liturgical workshop opportunities
within and around the diocese [English and Spanish]
• Plans quarterly meetings with parish Choir Mass Directors.
• Serves as Mass Choir Director for the 10:30 Mass Choir, also known as Sacred Heart Singers.
• Plans and schedules workshops and continuing development for Mass Choir Directors, cantors, parish musicians, in order to
better serve the musical life of the parish.
• Recruit volunteers, organize trainings, and oversee all liturgical ministries
• Coordinate parish liturgy committee
• Prepare and monitor the liturgical ministry budget
• Order necessary supplies for liturgical celebrations
• Review the church/chapel calendar for liturgical events and plan accordingly