Learning Resource Specialist – (Full-Time) – St. Nicholas School, Los Altos
St. Nicholas School in Los Altos is currently seeking a full-time Learning Resource Specialist.
St Nicholas Catholic School is searching for a passionate and creative full-time Learning
Specialist for the 2019-2020 academic year. The Learning Specialist will work
collaboratively with the teachers and families in our TK through 8th-grade school to
meet the needs of students with mild learning differences and also support the students
who may need advanced support in specific academic areas.
The specific duties of the Learning Resource Specialist include, but are not limited to:
● Establish a positive learning environment for students with learning needs within the rich and rigorous curriculum of St Nicholas Catholic School.
● Work with students one-on-one and in small groups, both pull-out, and push-in support.
● Work closely with teachers to develop an appropriate intervention for referred students and to determine if a student needs targeted pull-out intervention or class push-in support.
● Observe students in the classroom and playground setting in order to provide feedback to teachers, parents, and the principal to better serve the needs of the students
● Collaborate with teachers in grades TK-8 to identify students with learning needs
● Prepare and present documentation regarding students receiving services to teachers and administrators, including summaries of the students’ learning needs, learning styles, type of support needed, updates, etc.
● Develop success plans for students with testing data from a licensed neuropsychologist to monitor implementation of accommodations and interventions and review and communicate progress on a regular basis.
● Coordinate the implementation of assessment/evaluation procedures including scheduling of tests, test accommodation, progress monitoring, administering running records