Dear Pro-life friends,

Because certain people are trying to block the efforts of sidewalk counselors to save mothers and babies from the horrors of abortion, we are keeping the dates, times, and locations of where we are counseling confidential. The notes below may come from one or more locations during the week. Some specifics have been omitted to protect the identity of people we counsel. 

The second week of February, 2017

The sidewalk counselor arrived early in front of the abortion center, as women were already starting to arrive. The fourth woman to approach the center was accompanied by her female friend. They were both freshmen in high school. The young woman who thought she was pregnant was coming in for a pregnancy test, and to procure an abortion if it turned out she was.

As the counselor began to speak with them, they stopped and listened attentively.  The friend was asking more questions, while the girl who was there for the possible abortion was more subdued, but attentive. A second counselor arrived after about 10 minutes and took over speaking with the two girls while the first counselor approached other couples arriving at the abortion center.

The counselors convinced the girls to go to a nearby pregnancy resource center, which was not yet open. The second counselor said she would take them there, and treat them to some coffee on the way before it opened. The girl who thought she was pregnant was having a lot of stress and fear. The counselor was able to get them to open up and share a little about themselves, including the young girl’s dreams for her future. Meanwhile, her friend kept touching and holding the 12-month fetal model the first counselor had given them. Finally the pregnancy resource center opened, and they went inside. While waiting, the counselor found out why the girl’s friend was so supportive of her not having an abortion, as she herself had become pregnant and chose adoption. After a while, the young girl came out and said she tested negative on the pregnancy tests. She was very relieved, and they left.

Meanwhile, the first counselor was back at the abortion center speaking to others coming in.  While speaking with someone else, three women slipped by and into the clinic, two women in their thirties, and a young teenager, who appeared to be the daughter of one of the women.  A short while later, the older women came out chain-smoking, looking upset and unhappy, and walked a short distance away to talk.  A few minutes later the counselor walked down to talk to them. They both admitted they didn’t want the young teenager to have the abortion.

Both women already had other kids who were older and still living with them, and they knew it wasn’t quite right in their hearts. Apparently they both lived together and had been staying in a hotel and gave the appearance that they had grown up with a “rough” life to say the least. However, one of the women was a believer and was actually trying to talk the other woman “mom” into telling her young teenage daughter to keep the baby rather than to let her “make her own decision”. The counselor provided back-up support to the idea, offering all the other options.  They kept talking, but after a while the teenager’s mom resisted, got a little angry, then teary-eyed, put out her cigarette, and went back in.

The counselor continued to talk with the mom’s friend, and said how Jesus wouldn’t want this to happen…that HE will take care of them in the long run, and that current situations will change.  The friend finally put out her cigarette, and said she was going back in to talk to the teenager’s mom to see if she could convince her to talk with her daughter and get her out of there.

After about 10 to 15 minutes, she came out smiling, and said the young girl was staying in there for a few more minutes and just wanted to ask the doctor some more questions…but was going to leave.  The counselor cautioned that the clinic was likely going to try to persuade the girl to have the abortion.

The friend went back in, and 10 minutes later all three came out.  The young teenager was smiling and hugged the counselor on the way out as all three left.

In the midst of all this, a guy came out who was given material earlier, and the counselor asked if had had time to read it.  He said “yes”, and that this abortion clinic was creeping him out, and he had to get out of the building. He said he was a believer and knew what they were all about. They started talking and he said his girlfriend was insistent about having this abortion. She believed they weren’t ready for a baby at this time… but he disagreed and wanted her to keep the baby. After some encouraging words he said he was going to try to get her out of there.  He got on his phone and began making a call while walking up the street out of sight.

A short while later the counselor had to leave, but drove by the entrance to the abortion center while leaving and saw the man standing outside by the clinic entrance still on his phone.  The counselor slowed down to almost a stop, rolled down the window down motioned to him.  The counselor gave him a thumbs up, which the man returned.  It appeared he was trying hard, but we don’t know if he was able to talk her out of the abortion.  Please pray for them.

– the sidewalk counselors of Helpers of God’s Precious Infants San Diego