- More than 1.5 billion babies have been aborted worldwide in the past 50 years.
- An estimated 50 million abortions are carried out throughout the world every year.
- One in five pregnancies worldwide end in abortion.
- Approximately 90% of Down syndrome babies are aborted worldwide.
- 42% of all yearly deaths in the world are from abortion.
- Every two seconds a baby is aborted – every time your heartbeats a baby dies.
- Baby girls are a particular target of abortion: at least 100 million girls have already been wiped out through gendercide – the deliberate targeting of baby girls for abortion.
- In 2011 the Wall Street Journal reported that 163 million babies were aborted simply because they were girls. They called it “The war against girls.”
- In 2009 there were almost 190,000 abortions in Britain. There were just over 400 babies adopted. It’s a shocking ratio of 475 abortions to every adoption. One MP has described the system as a ‘conveyor belt’ towards abortion.
- In the UK, 92% of Down Syndrome children and 90% of babies with spina bifida are aborted.
- Britain is the abortion capital of Europe, overtaking France, which previously had the highest abortion rate in all of Europe.
- In Spain, nearly 95% of Down Syndrome children are aborted.
- In Germany and the UK, only one out of twenty mothers who are pregnant with a child who may have Down Syndrome, chooses to give birth to the baby.
- Studies show that at least 50 babies survive abortion every year in the UK. They are simply left to die.
- Approximately 60 percent of girls under the age of 16 and 48 percent of girls under 18 who become pregnant, choose to end their pregnancies through abortion.
- Abortion providers make more than £60 million an year from abortion in the UK alone.
- In Ireland, up to 53% of all income earned by abortion referral agencies such as the IFPA comes from the taxpayer.
Over 50 million abortions have taken place in the US since 1973.
- In the US, less than 1 percent of abortions occur because of rape or incest.
- More African American babies have been killed by abortions since 1973 than the total number of African American deaths from AIDS, violent crimes, accidents, cancer and heart disease combined. Approximate number of African American deaths since 1973:
- Abortion: 13+ Million
- Heart Disease: 2.26 Million
- Cancer: 1.64 Million
- Accidents: 307,723
- Violent Crimes: 306,313
- AIDS: 203,649
- Since 1973, abortion has reduced the black population in the US by over 25%.
- In the US, over 90% Down Syndrome babies are aborted.
- The abortion industry in America each year in the U.S. brings in approximately $831 million through their abortion services alone.
Abortion providers planned parenthood
- Planned Parenthood’s current ratio of abortions to adoption referrals is 340:1 In 2009 they performed 332,278 abortions, and made 977 adoption referrals.
- 97.6 percent of pregnant women going to Planned Parenthood are sold abortions while less than 2.4 percent of pregnant women received non-abortion services including adoption and prenatal care.
- The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to weed out “inferior” people through segregation, sterilization and abortion. Her own publication stated that: “Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need” (page 102) and: “In my view we should act without delay, not only is it our task to prevent the multiplication of bad stocks, it is also to preserve the well-endowed stocks and to increase the birth-rate of the sound average population.” (page 104) amongst other unsavoury comments.
- In the US, Black women are more than 4.8 times more likely than non-Hispanic white women to have an abortion, and Hispanic women are 2.7 times as likely.
- 78% of Planned Parenthood’s clinics are in minority communities.
- Planned Parenthood receives over $363 million annually in government grants (aka taxpayer funding).
The above comes from a late November story in the Life Institute.