The following comes from a Dec.23 email release sent by Operation Rescue.
A new survey conducted by Operation Rescue of all abortion facilities in the United States has confirmed that the abortion clinic closure trend continued strongly in 2014.
“We are continuing to witness the implosion of the abortion cartel in America,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “The only things that are preventing total collapse are court injunctions that are blocking several state abortion safety laws from being enforced. Once those laws clear the courts, we expect to see even more dangerous abortion facilities close. This is great news for women and babies because when abortion clinics close, lives are saved.”
In all, 73 abortion facilities shut down for all or part of the year. The total number of all remaining abortion clinics in the US is currently 739. Of those 551 are surgical facilities and 188 supply medication abortions only.
These numbers represent a net decrease in abortion facilities in America, continuing a trend that has been ongoing for over two decades. In all 75% of abortion clinics have closed since 1991.
Notable abortion clinic closures in 2014 include:
- Outpatient Services for Women, Oklahoma City, OK: This surgical clinic shut down after the arrest on December 9 of clinic owner and operator Naresh Patel on charges of fraud and racketeering after Operation Rescue filed complaints. Patel had been caught selling abortion pills to women who were not pregnant.
- All Women’s Health, Chicago, IL: Clinic owner, abortionist Mandy Gittler, closed this facility after local activists protested there over the death of Tonya Reaves, which was killed by Gittler in 2012 at a Chicago Planned Parenthood clinic.
- Aid for Women, Kansas City, MO: Operation Rescue discovered evidence of multiple abortion abuses and lodged complaints. This facility was best known for suing in court for the right to stop reporting child sex abuse. Under pressure from the medical board and struggling for business, Aid for Women, finally shut down.
Education is important even for those who have no particular religious beliefs.
1) Abortion is the murder of an innocent for the convenience of another.
After 9 weeks and 3 days these babies feel pain for being dismembered or chemically burned. https://www.ehd.org/movies.php?mov_id=44
This web site should be studied by all high school students who take biology and/or health classes.
2) Although there are certain areas in the USA where abortion clinics are closing, the number of Abortions is not reclining in significant numbers – over 1 MILLION in 2014.
There is much education to do.
3) ABSTINANCE must be taught in all high school biology and health classes.
” The most reliable way to avoid infection is to not have sex (i.e., anal, vaginal or oral). ” – Center for Disease Control”
and a copy of this 2013 CDC fact sheet should be provided to all students:
Share these web sites with School Board Members, School Administrators, teachers, and all students over age 12.
Share them with your Local and State elected Representatives.
Share them with Universities that prepare students to teach in schools.
Share this info with ALL Catholics:
Catholics who participate in an Abortion in any way including encouraging someone, or voting for a pro-abortion politician may not receive Holy Communion.
“Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion, General Principles: – Cardinal Ratzinger (Pope Benedict)
CCC: ” 2271 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable.
Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:
You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish.
God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves.
Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. ”
CCC: ” 2274 Since it must be treated from conception as a person, the embryo must be defended in its integrity, cared for, and healed, as far as possible, like any other human being.
Prenatal diagnosis is morally licit, “if it respects the life and integrity of the embryo and the human fetus and is directed toward its safe guarding or healing as an individual. . . . It is gravely opposed to the moral law when this is done with the thought of possibly inducing an abortion, depending upon the results:
a diagnosis must not be the equivalent of a death sentence. ”
THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN DIRECT ABORTION AND LEGITIMATE MEDICAL PROCEDURES –
Great information, thank you!
Poor Ms. Reaves, pray for her. So many minorities are lied to by the media, by our secular culture, and, sadly, by the Church (although in muted tones). Abortion is death, each and every time, and death of the truly innocent.
Abortion is, in large part, racist. Its development in America, under the spiritual guidance of Margaret Sanger — who should be at least an honorary KKK member — is a mission to keep undesirable racial groups from growing too quickly. Why, just listen to recent discussions by Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsburg on this. Black people need to rise up and through this evil out of their neighborhoods.
Importantly, the cost of fighting abortion is also high, but there are good, great people willing to pay the price to do this. People like Rev. Walter Hoye (no, not a Catholic) and, and . . . wait, wait!! Are you saying that virtually no bishops are doing much to stem abortion, to go to jail, to attack the very public feeding trough that said bishops often visit??
Why yes, Oh Holy Inquisitor, that is the way of things with America’s Catholic establishment. Have a good walk, perhaps, at a National Prayer Day, but that is pretty much it. Leaders like Cardinal Chuckles-Bravo Dolan would much rather party-on with the Big Guy (our vile Abortionist-in-Chief President), and help him get re-elected, than stand up for the Faith. These guys are not really Catholic, and likely not even Christian in their beliefs.
St. Chris…have you thought of taking a week or two from all internet news, websites etc. and just read good Catholic literature, enjoy some quiet time and some Gregorian chants etc. to fill the well. You’re a terrific Catholic, no doubt about it! but you’re sounding pretty stressed out. Nothing wrong with sounding like St. Jerome, don’t get me wrong, but I’m thinking of you! God bless you, friend.
I started my sidewalk counseling activities many years ago in Chicago in January. I know this clinic (where Tanya died) and I know the people who prayed in front of it well. It may help to know that for a prolife event Cardinal George led a procession of several hundred people from Holy Name to one of the large regional Planned Parenthoods close by. Mercifully, the clinic closed for the day. I know people who used to work in the Respect Life office in Chicago and I hope it is of some comfort to know there is a lot going on behind the scenes. Some of what I know, I don’t want to say here and it’s not the kind of thing you’re going to read about in the paper. Wise as serpents and gentle as doves. We have the biggest weapon against this evil – prayer, especially the rosary is extremely effective. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. You can pray for this intention in your own home or in front of the clinic. Believe it or not, it’s more effective than getting arrested. I’ve had the pro-abortion people flip out when we would pray. It angered and flustered them, they would mock us and swear at us even though they said they didn’t believe in God. When I was sidewalk counseling I would ask the people who were praying to not stop even if someone tried to argue with them.
“Carol” and “Dana”: Two wonderful posts.
1. Carol: You are a heroine to all of us for doing this sidewalk counseling. Too bad that Abp. Cupich — beloved of the Vatican and Big Guy — is pretty much against such things. You might have to associate with “questionable” types if you do this sort of thing. Rubbish, of course, when you see the results that you achieved, particularly the “flipping out” of pro-aborts when you start to pray. This is a terrific piece of honest and powerful witness to the Faith.
2. Dana: Thank you for your kind concern and good suggestions. The problem now is that our Church leaders are becoming the enemy, which is most distressing. You never know what will come out of their mouths next. And, thank you for the blessing and thoughts; most important to have when going into battle.